Like us on Facebook

Jalapeno Jelly

Now the chicken flautas would not be so amazing with out Chevy's Jalapeno Jelly! This stuff is AMAZING! Now even if you dont like spicy food like me this jelly is not spicy at all! in fact it is probably one of favorite things in the entire world! It is incredibly versatile I use it on the flautas of course, on cream cheese with chips, or even on nachos! seriously this stuff is amazing!

Now that I have discovered this and made a few batches I will definitely be getting my pectin in bulk on Amazon! Here is the link!
Certo Premium Liquid Fruit Pectin by Sure-Jell, 6 Ounce Box (Pack of 4)

And here is the recipe!

Chevy's Jalapeno Jelly
Copycat Recipe

3/4 cup chopped red bell peppers
3/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
1/3 cup diced and seeded jalapeno's peppers (you don’t have to but I use gloves when dealing with hot peppers to avoid accidently getting anything in my eyes or mouth)
2 3/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
6 tablespoons certo liquid pectin (this equates to one 6 ounce pouch)

To Make the Jelly:  Combine the peppers, jalapenos, sugar, vinegar, and lime juice in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook until warm and sugar is dissolved. Pour the mixture in a blender or food processor and blend for 5 seconds. (I do not recommend doing this in the food processor unless you have a very large one) Return the blended mixture to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the pectin, increase the heat to medium high, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cool.  The jelly will set as it cools. Once cool cover and refrigerate. The jalapeno jelly will keep for 5-6 days.

Notes: I was trying to play around with amount of Pectin because I wanted to try and make the jelly a little looser consistency but I haven’t found a happy medium yet…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Panipopo!

Oven Sliders

The BEST Chicken Flautas

How do I stay organized???